BCT - Bachelor of Creative Technologies at AUT in Auckland is a multi-disciplinary 3-year degree. Students are asked to keep a blog of their journey, I'm a student, and this is my blog. No doubt I'll be explaining our projects as we go and my personal insights to them. Hopefully it will be mildly interesting.

24 October 2012

Audio Production Assignment 1

Never updated on this paper either. I did the first assignment and it was a bit of a pain because I had to sit upstairs in the lab that had Pro Tools machines. Pro Tools was a bit painful too, I'd accidentally change some setting and wouldn't know what I'd done, but now nothing worked right. The assignment was a slapstick movie from 1916 and we had to add a soundtrack. We were supposed to make it very slapstick and comical with crazy sounds but I made it mildly realistic with odd stabs of comedy. I wanted to make different versions, perhaps a macabre version to see how that would work but I struggled with protools too much for how much time I had to give the assignment and all of my other work. Had a sound library to draw from though I couldn't get a few sounds that I wanted.
I got good marks for it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is this