BCT - Bachelor of Creative Technologies at AUT in Auckland is a multi-disciplinary 3-year degree. Students are asked to keep a blog of their journey, I'm a student, and this is my blog. No doubt I'll be explaining our projects as we go and my personal insights to them. Hopefully it will be mildly interesting.

09 October 2012

Dev World

I had a slight interruption to Studio and everything BCT; I went to Melbourne on a Scholarship to Dev World. Run by what was formally called the AUC (Apple University Consortium), it's a bunch of Australasian universities who pool their resources together and create events and seminars, other notable events are Create World. So Dev World is a developers conference mostly geared towards Apple development. However Apple has withdrawn itself somewhat and this might have been the last Dev World of it's kind. There were a lot of talks on various aspects of development for iOS mainly and also web technologies. I got something out of it plus the opportunity to see Melbourne which is a very nice city. I was however a little worried about my Studio work and that we had a formative assessment a week later. But it was a great experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is this