BCT - Bachelor of Creative Technologies at AUT in Auckland is a multi-disciplinary 3-year degree. Students are asked to keep a blog of their journey, I'm a student, and this is my blog. No doubt I'll be explaining our projects as we go and my personal insights to them. Hopefully it will be mildly interesting.

11 September 2012

undefined

Goddamn this undefined error is getting on my nerves. It doesn't matter what I put where to catch the error it still pops up. For ages I wasn't even sure what was generating it. PHP? Javascript? Today the finger was potentially pointed at JQuery Mobile. I think I've isolated it to a single PHP statement that shouldn't be causing any problems because the objective of this statement is to catch undefined variables!! This is driving me nuts, I really don't have the time.
...
I just figured it out. It IS JQuery Mobile. It didn't like a function that is supposed to redirect to a page on an error. I've worked around it by taking the function away and putting a html message and okay button which links back to the page instead. Seems redundant but at least I can get on with things. This error will be scattered all over the place because I did a marathon session a while ago and implemented it everywhere that it would be needed. I just need to change everywhere now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is this